Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Lagos, Nigeria
Roger_DM - 12/04/2013 9:45 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 6

Any ideas about lagos, Nigeria?

I may be travelling there soon, and i’m wondering about the dive sites, dive shops, etc

Would appreciate any help!
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/04/2013 11:18 AM
When I opened this I was expecting to find that you might be my long lost cousin who’s late father had amased a 17M fortune farming (I really need to take up farming in Nigeria!) and you were looking to move it offshore to avoid taxes and/or currupt officials, would I please send my bank account numbers so you could make a deposit.

A Google search brings up a lot of stuff all of which is blocked here at work except the one site listed on DiveBuddy :( If you do it be sure to update the dive sites section.
Subscribed
GoldCoastInstructor - 12/19/2013 5:10 PM
If you go to Lagos you will be directed to Victoria Island. The waters are fully polluted. All diving is commercial to fix ODP installations. No one dives in Nigeria. Water too polluted from oil etc. Fred
Subscribed
ScubaLagos - 4/13/2015 9:49 AM
Hi Roger...i know this is late...but there is sport diving in Lagos, Nigeria. We are a group of people that have our own equipment and organize our own dives. We welcome people that live here or are passing through to join us on a non-commercial basis.

As pointed out by one of the other posts, the lagoon IS extremely polluted and i would personally never dive there. That said, we have boats and go can go 7 to 13miles offshore to wreck sites. The waters out there are just like anywhere else in the world.

Since we are in the tropics the temperature is always great..27 - 31 degrees Celsius. Visibility is very unpredictable, and diving must be done 1-2 hours before high tide. If you are able to catch that window you could end up with pristine conditions. Currents can be vicious at time, but again its all about getting the timing right. We managed to get 8 dives out of the last 10. Dive wreck sites here can accommodate almost all divers from 10m, 12m, 14m, 17m, 24m, 28m, 30m and 36m wrecks.

Here are some videos of diving in Lagos Nigeria. Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=HsIasnRU5wI

youtube.com/watch?v=URpK1GB4iFo

youtube.com/watch?v=JlDypVGQLzs

youtube.com/watch?v=GjkpkbnMoN0
Subscribed
Mark_1402 - 10/25/2015 12:19 PM
I will be in Lagos for approx. 6 months next year and really would like to join you on one of your dives. I am a two star CMAS diver with >200 dives in the Netherlands and abroad. I have been diving to wrecks up to 45,5 meter depth. Please could you inform me how to get in touch with you guys.

Thanks in advance,

Mark H.
Subscribed
ScubaLagos - 8/12/2016 2:19 AM
You can get in touch with us at scubalagos.com or info@scubalagos.com
Subscribed
ScubaLagos - 8/12/2016 2:20 AM
You are making reference to diving in the lagoon which i agree with you, but there are some awesome wrecks to dive off the coast, starting about 7 nautical miles away. scubalagos.com we are the first PADI dive resort in Nigeria