Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Fantasy Island Resort - Roatan, Honduras
loydavill - 3/01/2013 9:52 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

I will be doing a dive trip to Roatan this July. I have been to Roatan before, but never been diving there. This resort is also new to me. Anyone been there recently who can provide any tips on the best dive sites and the resort? Any tips are appreciated! :-)
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/02/2013 9:31 AM
It’s right next to Coco View and shares their house reef but with different shore entry points. That is a beautiful reef and will keep you entertained all week.

The dive op is good and you stay on the same boat all week as you work along the reefs. You can use Scuba Earth or Dive Sites on the toolbar to preview the sites, I think I’ve posted pictures on most of them.

Like any island you should avoid meats and other things that should be refridgerated that were brought in on the ferry. Some people like me who can eat shellfish at home have bad reations to SA shellfish, I got sick three times before I figured that out, the last time Dr. John on Utila had to have me air evaced to a mainland hospital.

To go with the fish we bought a bottle of white wine from FI, it had turned to vinegar and would be better for treating jellyfish stings :(
Subscribed
loydavill - 3/02/2013 9:47 AM
Thanks for that info. I will be sure to stay away from the meat and wine.... I don’t need to get sick while on vacation! I am really looking forward to diving that reef.
Bob01 - 3/03/2013 2:25 PM
FI has more activities for the kids so that’s a plus for some people and as far as the food, I’ve been to the CoCoview resort twice and have dinner and lunch in town a few times and never had a problem with the food. 8 or 9 years ago they had a problem with the milk (I think) on the island but haven’t heard of any thing else. Take bug spray with you and enjoy the awsome walls. If you click on the CoCoview website, they have a fairly active forum there and you can get up to date info. Enjoy the trip, I’m jealous!!
FireRon - 4/28/2014 5:38 AM
Typing this from Roatan right now! Hope youhad a great trip. This is my 14th trip here, and I plan to return in September. I don’t use the reorts though. I stay at Lost Paradise Inn and the end of the street in West End. West End is the ultimate dive town. Nothing but dive shops, place to eat, place to sleep, place to drink all the way down the one street that is the entire town. LoL

And I dive with Coconut Tree Divers . . .best dive shop. GReat crew!

And I don’t know if there are any bad dives in Roatan :)