Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Oceanic Veo 250
debay(Dee-Bay) - 1/07/2008 7:23 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 10

I just recieved a FREE Oceanic VEO from diversdirect.com!! I won it from a drawing that they held. anyone have any idea how good they are?
Buzo - 1/07/2008 8:04 PM
from what I hear, they aren`t top of the line, but they will get you safely around a nitrox dive. Congratulations!!
anemone - 1/07/2008 8:46 PM
I use an Oceanic Veo 200, have for the last 3.5 yrs. Easy to read, easy to use. Mine serves me well.Congrats on the win.
NWKatShark - 1/11/2008 8:04 PM
I just heard Oceanic is conducting a full recall of all VEO`s and consumers should expect a lengthly wait for repair/replacement. They`re notorious for that, horrible, just horrible, could be years. If you want to send it to me, I can probably find the time to deal with it, it doesn`t bother me, I`m a nice guy. I`ll even pay the shipping so you`re not out anything. Hope I can help, that`s why I`m here. Larry
Subscribed
debay(Dee-Bay) - 1/12/2008 9:47 AM
WOW! Your such a GREAT dive buddy! Tell ya what, you take a deeeeeep breath and hold it, and Ill mail that right out to ya.
NWKatShark - 1/12/2008 9:13 PM
Thanks Dan! Eagerly awaiting the postman and turnin` BLUE!
Subscribed
debay(Dee-Bay) - 1/13/2008 8:41 AM
I spoke with the postmaster and it should be delivered today (Sunday , Jan 13, 2008) at around 1 pm. Keep holding that breath he`s almost there. by the way, you uhhh, have anyone in your will thats gonna get your dive gear in case you cant hold out.............
NWKatShark - 1/13/2008 1:01 PM
Don`t..........need..........anyone..........to..........take..........my............gear.............but...........thanks.............for.............asking.
Subscribed
debay(Dee-Bay) - 1/13/2008 1:56 PM
not a problem, thats what dive buddies are for. by the way, your eyes are bloodshot and are starting to bulge. and you look a little blue. you might want to get that checked out.
sunrdivr - 2/14/2008 6:22 PM
I have had good luck with the veo line.Me and most of my friends dive them and they are all happy with them.I did have one leak but that was my fault. I left it in the back of my truck in the sun and the battery cover warped and caused a break in the seal.Just take care of it and it will work fine.
OLDSCHOOL - 3/16/2009 8:01 PM
I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and really like it. Kudos to Oceanic service as well. I flooded mine when I did not properly close the battery cover. My LDS sent it in to Oceanic and within two weeks, Oceanic sent me a new one, no questions asked, no charges.