Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Total Immersion
geagle01 - 1/04/2008 5:06 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Hello: This is my first post here. Seems like a great site. Anyway, I`m jonesing for some diving and want to take a dedicated dive vacation and stay somewhere where you can shore dive and boat dive, and dive maybe three times a day. I`ve attempted to corral everyone I know that dives to join me, but so far, noone will commit. I don`t have any problem traveling alone, but I need a dive buddy, and perhaps someone to split the room cost with. I`ve thought about the "total immersion" trip sponsored by Sport Diver Magazine, which might solve my problem. It`s in Grand Cayman in May, and since I have enough frequent flyer miles for the airfare, the $1300 for 7 nights 8 days is a pretty good deal. Has anyone ever gone on this trip? Alone? I think the price assumes double occupancy, so what if you travel alone? I`ve tried to get some answers but the people on the other end of the 1-800 number listed aren`t terribly helpful. Thought I`d check here... By the way, I live in Milwaukee if there are others in this area that dive around the great lakes. Thanks in advance for any responses or feedback on this trip.
NWKatShark - 1/04/2008 7:23 PM
Doesn`t SD Mag ask you if you are buddied up or solo for the Cayman trip? Seems like they could provide suggestions without saddling possible legal liabilities.