Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Sea Life DC600
porka29 - 12/19/2007 9:11 PM
Category: Photography
Replies: 3

I just bought my b/f the above camera to replace the old Sea and Sea, film housing camera he had.............it`s what he wanted, any feed back on this purchase? Thanks!
harleydiver - 12/23/2007 8:46 AM
I have this unit with the strobe. the only thing I can say about it is ........ Great camera !
Mcgyver4739 - 12/29/2007 10:41 AM
Yeah the DC600 is a great camera. I have one also. Check out my photos. They all are take with that camera. However I would suggest he buys a strobe for it. The colors will really come alive and you will have to do less color editing. The "sea` mode works good but pay attention there is a depth selector 25ft. If you white balance it every 10ft that works also. If you get a strobe make sure to use the external flash mode and have the flash preset mode set to zero. Found that out on my 3 day diving :( I was using the auto setting with the flash preset on 1 and I was just not getting thee color a wanted. Once you get it figured out it is by far a great camera. I LOVE IT. Happy Holidays Tony
Subscribed
porka29 - 1/19/2008 3:20 AM
Thank you both for the posts! We already had the strobe from the other housing he had which worked concurrently. unfortunately, while the camera took great pics, it took on a bit of evaporation/water (more water or there would`ve been less worry to decide about the second dive) so as a result the pics were great as the card held them, but after one dive the dig camera did not work. I called the service center and got authorization to send it back for a new one and/or repair as all tests were followed. Just sent it out w/ the auth number this week - hope all goes well in that aspect. Other than that the photos captured were good, the strobe helped as well.............not upset about the purchase upset it failed but atleast pics were not lost and the camera will come back soon - christie