Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Suggestions: Bahamas, St. Thomas or St. Martinez?
sundragon - 4/16/2012 11:28 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 1

Hi all!

New here but already excited about the site. Hoping to get some quick feedback on this topic for my cousin (dive buddy) who is going on a cruise next month. They are stopping in the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Martinez and she was wondering which port is the best one for her to do a dive excursion? I’m going to do my own research but thought maybe some of you on this awesome site might have some great input. Any thoughts? Which should she choose, why and any dive shops/sites she should request?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa
dalehall - 4/16/2012 12:23 PM
In the Bahamas, if she is going to Nassau, use Stuart Cove’s. Some people feel they are a cattle car operation and "hurry" you in the your dives. I never felt that way. They also pick you up at the docks and get you back on time. Did I mention: Sharks!! Awesome!!
I didn’t dive in St. Thomas, so I can’t help you there.
I do question the 3rd place.. Is it somewhere called St. Martinez or the island of St. Maarten? If it’s St. Maarten, then I did some diving with Dive Safaris and had a great time with them. In fact my first ever, Discover Scuba was in St. Maarten. Neat little bay with some wrecks and a little yellow submarine. I even happened to be there the day they sunk the sub. The reason I ask about St. Maarten is because Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten sounds just like most of the stops on a Royal Caribbean cruise I took in 2005.
Hope this helps a little bit.. Hopefully you’ll get someone with some experience in St. Thomas to help you..
Dale