Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Roatan Diving
Thunderdiver - 5/26/2011 12:19 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

I just returned from Roatan Honduras where I dove with the Coconut Tree 5 Star PADI dive shop. They were great. The shop does not look like much but the service is awesome. The owner’s name is Gay and she is a pleasure schedule with. The dive shop is on the west end of the island. A 2 tank dive was $70 dollars. A cab driver wanted to charge me $52 dollars round trip. I rented a scooter for $40 all day. Strapped my gear on my back and rode the scooter to the shop. The dives were fantastic. First dive was along a wall at 80 feet. Second dive was a beautiful lively reef at 60 feet. The captain of the boat and the instructor (Margarite) were informative, fun and professional. I give this shop a 5 on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the highest rating.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/27/2011 7:06 AM
From Thunderdiver: I just returned from Roatan Honduras where I dove with the Coconut Tree 5 Star PADI dive shop. They were great. The shop does not look like much but the service is awesome. The owner’s name is Gay and she is a pleasure schedule with. The dive shop is on the west end of the island. A 2 tank dive was $70 dollars. A cab driver wanted to charge me $52 dollars round trip. I rented a scooter for $40 all day. Strapped my gear on my back and rode the scooter to the shop. The dives were fantastic. First dive was along a wall at 80 feet. Second dive was a beautiful lively reef at 60 feet. The captain of the boat and the instructor (Margarite) were informative, fun and professional. I give this shop a 5 on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the highest rating.

I haven’t used Coconut but the diving in Roatan is always good! There is some wiggle room on those taxi fares to West End, a cab charged me $20 but a Swede $10 so for the return trip the Swede called the cabbie back and we each handed him $10. :)

In West End do not do the beach dive from the bay behind Sea Grapes, I found out from a local thats a sewage outfall!
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 6/03/2011 7:53 AM
Thanks for the report. Dove with them in January 2010 - great bunch and lots of fun. We dove the Aguilar (sp?) wreck and followed up with Captains Choice. Saw two massive eagle rays on the wall - amazing. By any chance did you have any fried Iguana - local delicacy you know! Yuck