Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Firefighter needs!!
Astros5 - 2/20/2010 8:03 PM
Category: Health & Safety
Replies: 0

Too those of you who don’t know me my name is Travis Praker,I am a firefighter in Texas (spring branch).I have been in the service for many years and in this field all your co-workers are your extended family.The Smith family is no different, this family just found out thier 2 1/2 year old son has stage 3 kidney cancer.They can not remove the kidney because the other is just too weak.It is with a heavy heart that I am asking for help, I want to have a dive benefit for this family.If you or someone you know are willing to donate a gift certificate to an LDS, scuba - t shirts/apparel, or have connections with a movie theatre, resturant,hair salon or etc. any and all ammounts will suffice.I am planning to go to Academy,Cabellas,Bass Pro,Wal-mart,LDS’s, resturants and other bussiness for donations. I am thinking of holding a benefit at the comal river, I am thinking of sinking several highgly visible objects in the comal river, with each one being numbered. If your lucky,once everyone has surfaced we will then distribute envelopes containing the prize that cooerlates with that number.You must be a certified diver, we will have an EMS crew on site along with snacks and beverages (BYOB).All proceeds will go to the Smith family to help off-set out of pocket copays and other expenses. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Once I have obtained donations from retailers I can the give a buy in and set a date and time.

Thank you

Travis Praker