Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for Dive Buddies and charter recommendations for FLA Keys (Feb 11 - 16)
Dan_Kramer - 1/04/2010 3:02 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Hi All

This is my first posting - site highly recommended by Dive Buddy and fellow Chicagoan: DiveBuddyChgo/Mike B.

I’m headed to Key Largo area over President’s Day weekend (Feb 11 - 16) and looking for Dive Buddies - and also recomendations on best dive charters. I’ve always had good luck with Ocean Divers, but it’s a pretty big boat - can get a little crowded. I’m AOW, dive the wrecks in Chicago - solid mid-experienced diver. Looking to dive Spiegel, Bibb, + good sites for sea-life.

Also - planned to be joined by brother-in-law doing his first checkout dives - looking for suggestions on Dive Instructor to help - reasonably priced ;-)

thanks! Dan
LatitudeAdjustment - 1/04/2010 3:13 PM
Nesher - 1/05/2010 12:59 AM
If you can handle a liveaboard for a few days I would google Juliet Dive and Sail. You should find everything you’re looking for with them.

DeepAddiction - 1/05/2010 3:30 PM

From one Dan to another....I just spent 3 days down there diving my ass off. I used Silent World. They have 2 boats in Key Largo that carry about 12 and a smaller boat in Tavernier. Can’t beat the trip packages, I think it was 5 Trips (2 tanks per trip) for $275.00. They have lots of instructors too although I can’t speak to the quality of there work. Very nice people though...Hope this helps.

http://www.silentworldkeylargo.com/index.html
FLMermaid - 1/28/2010 3:49 PM
My favorite dive operator in the upper Keys is Sea Dwellers Dive Center, at MM 100. They have a partnership with the Holiday Inn (where they dock their boat), and it’s terrific! The owners Jeff and Rob are great, as are all their crew.