Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Back from cruise - review of 5 dives
Skipster - 11/23/2009 1:17 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 0

1. Princess Cays (private island in Bahamas - off of Eleuthera Reef - owned by Princess Cruises) - NOTE: dive operator (Ocean Fox) was horrible - $159 for a 1-tank, 35’ dive. PLUS they wanted to rent their wetsuit for $10 extra and said it was mandatory (though it wasn’t). Dive was a so-so reef with minimal marine life. Don’t waste your time.
  2. St. Thomas, USVI. 1st dive was to Wye Reef. Operator was AWESOME (Underwater Safaris). They were a blast to dive with. Reef is okay. Saw one turtle and a few fish. Max depth was 58’.
  3. St. Thomas, USVI. 2nd dive was to Cartenza Senora wreck. Pretty cool wreck of a freighter that was broken into three main sections. Lots of marine life and coral around and in the wreck.
  4. Grand Turk. 1st dive was called "Tunnels" - and was a great wall dive (went 85’ max) with lots of fish. Dive operator is "Oasis Divers" and they were very good.
  5. Grand Turk. 2nd dive was "Coral Gardens." Awesome 65’ dive with tons of marine life... saw groupers, trumpet fish, dog fish, and lots of rays.

I ended up taking all my gear except for wetsuit. After 1st dive, I left my BC on the ship and just used the one provided by operators (less weight in the mesh bag going back and forth to dive boats).