Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Tobago
Bob01 - 8/19/2009 3:44 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 1

Has anyone been to Tobago lately? I’m thinking about taking a trip to the Speyside area but I’m reading that Tobago has the worst crime in the Caribe and it’s not just petty theft. Thanks in advance! BB
Subscribed
kdvorak - 8/22/2009 8:58 PM
Went to Tobago last September. I stayed in Crown Point, but I did my diving in Speyside with CaribeStu, www.caribstu.com. I highly recommend him. You pay a bit more but you get great service and experience. Contact him and he’ll answer any questions or concerns that you have. He’ll also answer your concerns regarding the safety of the island. One evening, I walked several blocks by myself to eat dinner without mishap. I am a single woman and I was traveling alone. It is my understanding that you just have to be aware of where you should and should not go. Again, Stu will be able to inform you of that. While in Speyside diving for 2 days, I stayed one night at the Blue Waters Inn, and it seemed nice. www.bluewatersinn.com If you do dive with CaribeStu, make sure you arrange to have lunch cooked by his boat captain, Smitty’s, wife, Cheryl. You won’t be disappointed with the food or the diving. I can’t say enough, except, I wish I was going with you. Have fun.