Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Rescue Certification
diverjay - 7/31/2009 2:59 PM
Category: General
Replies: 7

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am excited that I will be taking my rescue class next week, class Tuesday thru Thrusday and skills dives on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to make the diving community one diver safer for all of us.
Rich-D-Fish - 7/31/2009 6:33 PM
Way to go! Be sure to eat your wheaties, as this is a tough class, yet very rewarding. I hope you never have a need to use your new skills.
dalehall - 8/01/2009 10:37 AM
Good luck.. That’s a great class to take! I agree with the Wheaties comment. I hurt like all-get-out on Sunday morning. Monday wasn’t so bad, but it hurt to get out of bed on Sunday. Of course, that just showed me how out of shape I was back then. :) Enjoy the class, it’s a great time!!
Dale
Jorakae - 8/02/2009 10:41 AM
Not only did I hurt like hell the days following training but I think I was passed out by 7pm every night of the training. Really exhausting course. Couldn’t be happier that I took it though...
ANUWCNJ - 8/02/2009 6:18 PM

That is one of my favorite classes to teach. Lots of fun on both sides, and lots of laughs. Best of luck, but enjoy the class.

Clay
RonL - 8/02/2009 8:02 PM
I completed my Rescue course last year. Roxanne from an underwater connection was my instructor who made it a great experience! Enjoy, this course will improve your confidence. And yeah you’ll be sore for a few days.
KeysCD - 8/03/2009 9:11 AM
And remember that your rescue skills will get rusty over time, so don’t forget to do a rescue refresher with your instructor periodically.
Subscribed
diverjay - 8/10/2009 1:47 PM

Thanks to all who responded. I finished up my rescue cert. this past week. We did three nights of classroom time and two days at the lake. It was pretty hectic not ever knowing which or what scenario would play out next, but that’s what it would be like for real. Anyway, my instructor did a great job as well as all the participants and the other two divers in my class. I hope I never have to use it, but I now feel more prepared if I do. I would definately recommend this class for everyone as it not only provides you with the tools to help you help others, it helps you become a more self reliant diver. Thanks for taking the time to read this and dive safe,

Jay