Great river dive. They use to dump garbage in the river so there’s bottles to be found every where. All you have to do is fan the loose sand away. The small mouth have become accustom to divers and follow you patiently waiting for crayfish and other aquatic life to be disturbed by your searching.
This is a river dive so a few specialty tools are needed.
1. Extra weight 4-12 pounds depending on current
2. Dive flag float with basket to hold treasures.
3. River stick to hold yourself in place while searching. (this can be any 12" or longer pin device.Old screw drivers work well. With lanyard)
4. Work gloves for protection from debris.
5. Knee pads to protect wet suit from broken glass.
There’s broken glass everywhere so be careful how you move. The current varies depending on the location your diving. Stay near the east side or closer to the bottom for slower current.