Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

DiveBuddy Prodcuts Idea
ScubaDubaDo - 7/25/2008 8:43 AM
Category: General
Replies: 8

I was just looking at the prodcut line and thought it may be kinda cool to have the opportunity to customize products to replace the portion that says "member" with our DiveBuddy ID/Name. What do you think?
Subscribed
Greg - 7/25/2008 7:14 PM

That would be awesome...but I don’t think CafePress offers that ability yet. You are more than welcome to help me out by contacting CafePress, or another custom t-shirt company that offers single orders like CafePress does, to see if that’s something they can do. I’d even be willing to upgrade to their professional store if that’s a service we could have.
Subscribed
ScubaDubaDo - 7/26/2008 11:11 AM

FYI:

The e-mail I just sent customer service:

I am contacting you regarding the "divebuddy" store. I was wondering if there is a way to customize the prodcuts there, to replace the word "Member" with my name? Please let me know if this is possible and what the cost would be. Is it possible to make this an option for anyone purchasing from this store?
Thanks,
Dave
mo - 7/26/2008 1:56 PM
How about a nice white cylinder protection net emblazoned with the DB logo

Just a thought
Subscribed
ScubaDubaDo - 7/27/2008 11:18 AM

This is the response I got back from Cafe Press customer service:

Dear Dave,

We apologize but since our shopkeepers have discretion over the look and availability of their items we are unable to add their image onto alternate items or change their designs. If you will please visit their shop at the link you have provided below, you will be redirected to their home page. Once there you will be able to contact the designer to request any changes to the products you want to order.

In addition, feel free to create your own design using our Create & Buy service by clicking on the link below:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/

If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.

Please click this link to take a quick survey to help us improve our service.

Best Regards,

It appears, Greg, the ball is in your court if you would like to add this asa feature for DiveBuddy members...
Astros5 - 7/28/2008 9:52 AM
Here is another site they have limited diving graphics but you can design any text or color you wish though. www.customink.com . Good luck and HAppy diving. Travis
Subscribed
Greg - 7/29/2008 12:23 PM

From ScubaDubaDo: It appears, Greg, the ball is in your court if you would like to add this asa feature for DiveBuddy members...

When CafePress says we can customize the store or t-shirt images...they mean I’d have to create multiple images for every person that wants their screen name on a shirt. They don’t offer an easy way to upload an image with a blank area...that is then filled out based on user input during the order process...that’s what we need.
Subscribed
ScubaDubaDo - 7/29/2008 2:15 PM
Ah ha...oh well would have been a neat little feature to have available. Do you know if there is another way to make that available or would it be too expensive?
AirOn - 7/30/2008 11:13 AM
From Greg:

From ScubaDubaDo: It appears, Greg, the ball is in your court if you would like to add this asa feature for DiveBuddy members...

When CafePress says we can customize the store or t-shirt images...they mean I’d have to create multiple images for every person that wants their screen name on a shirt. They don’t offer an easy way to upload an image with a blank area...that is then filled out based on user input during the order process...that’s what we need.

Do we have your permission as users to modify the logo and print them ourselves? I have a local freind who started a divers tee shirt buisness. They don’t silk screen but do direct printing with a special textile printer like a ink jet but with silkscreen quality.

It would be simple to create one off shirts through her buisness, without the setup fees to make screen prints.