Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Key Largo Dive Charters
rcy7 - 5/31/2014 10:26 AM
Category: General
Replies: 2

Planning on going to Key Largo in August and looking for a good dive charter. Planning on 4 trips (8 dives).
Planning on both reef and wreck diving trips. Have deep diving cert. This is my first trip to the keys. Any thoughts will be great.
Subscribed
Caloosa - 6/01/2014 4:37 AM
There are too many operators to cover in Key Largo, depending upon where you are staying...you should look up some that may be near your location. Over the years I dove with several (probably a dozen) different operators and can honestly recommend any of them. You need to know that some of the operators operate smaller boats that can accommodate fewer divers and some have larger boats that will take many divers out, it depends on your preferences. Also, as I mentioned initially, they are spread out over a few miles of geographic territory, so if you are staying more north, it might not be the best thing to go to the furthermost south operator. If you haven’t made reservations anywhere yet...a common start may be more in the center of Key Largo for an operator, which gives you some flexibility and a lot of dive operator options. Also know that certain operators will do deeper dives on AM trips and reef dives on PM, ask the operators what their schedules are for a given day. Also ask for prices for multi dive packages. I would imagine all operators run webpages for you to surf through about their operation. I know I haven’t told you exactly where to go, but it’s my best recommendation, you will have good diving. Lastly, remember you are in the middle of hurricane season and you should also inquire about cancellation policies for both your accommodations and dive operators! Safe diving!
Subscribed
PVK - 6/04/2014 2:00 PM
Rainbow Reef Divers.com.Looks like they got some good deals.