Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Question about regulators/octopus. Explain streamlined / non-streamlined
MisterEd - 8/01/2020 9:47 AM
Category: New Diver Q&A
Replies: 4

In the market to purchase scuba regulator set, 1st / 2nd stage, octopus, streamlined, yoke fitting?
Subscribed
Andrew_Mason - 2 days 6 hours ago.
Hi MisterEd. I just had to upgrade my 1st and 2nd stage and my Octo. After looking at the pro’s/con’s etc. I went with the EDGE HOG D3 Zenith. HOG equipment is top quality stuff and while the HOG D3 is environmentally sealed/cold water rated it’s not nearly as pricey as some other top name brands. You can buy the whole package assembled including a 3 guage console for around $600.

I replaced my former reg. because it wasn’t sealed and I ended up with a frozen free flow at 100’ in water temps around 47 degrees. I never want to have to experience that again if I can help it so I replaced it with the HOG.
Subscribed
MisterEd - 2 days 4 hours ago.
Thanks for the info, HOG is one of my considerations
Subscribed
Andrew_Mason - 14 hours 54 minutes ago.
@Airworks: I agree completely! I’ve had to upgrade a few key components of my gear that had I researched it better and maybe rented the gear style first to try it out, I would have saved myself some money.