Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

C-53 Wreck in Cozumel
sk290 - 8/15/2008 7:09 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

Has anybody dove the C-53 in Cozumel? I’ll be there in a couple of weeks and was considering a private charter for the dive.

Would love to hear from people who actually dove it.

Thanks!

chgodvr - 8/18/2008 8:59 PM
Been there several times, sometimes the current is light other times you look like a flag on the line as you work your way up and down. Bring gloves, there are many sharp edges especially if your go through it. But it is a great dive, would go back over and over again.
Subscribed
sk290 - 8/18/2008 9:05 PM

Hi there Alan! I’m so glad someone replied to my forum. :)

The reason I asked is because the dive outfit is asking for an additional $20 to $30 from the morning dive package we already paid for in exchange for a private charter to do the wreck.

The group decided to do it anyways. I LOVE wreck diving and think that it’ll be worth while.

Thanks for your input and welcome to the site! :)

Sandra
Subscribed
scott - 11/28/2018 9:29 AM
did you ever dive the wreck in coz? some times the vis is about 150 feet. hope you get there or hope you liked it. Mex has got to be the best place to dive and to see big fish, little fish and coral .