Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Women’s Mares ’Kaila’ BCD
sk290 - 2/12/2013 11:50 AM
Category: For Sale
Replies: 4

Asking $295, retails between $500 to $650. This
item is in excellent condition, no holes or tears and everything works
perfectly.

Design specifically for a woman’s body (sorry guys!), dual adjustable shoulder
straps to adapt to different torso lengths, size SMALL (36lbs). Specs:

- MRS Plus weight release system (quick release)

- Ergonomic and reliable inflator

- Patented BPS Plus lumbar support

- Trim Weight Pockets

- QAS - Quick Adjust System

- Curved stainless steel D-Rings

- 2 Zippered pockets

- Two rear quick dump/over-expansion relief valves

- Right hand shoulder pull dump

- Ergo Inflator with pull dump

Please email me for any questions.

photo DSCN2244_zpsaa7feb6c.jpg

photo DSCN2246_zps31359204.jpg

Subscribed
Greg - 2/12/2013 12:59 PM
What if I have man boobs, can I wear this? JK. I’ve always wondered how BC’s like this one are different than normal BCs. What makes it unique for women?
Subscribed
sk290 - 2/12/2013 1:04 PM
I’ve never thought about man boobs... LOL I guess if you have them, then you WOULD need a bc designed for women. Usually products and services designed specifically for women differ in the price point, mostly I would guess, because we just agree to pay for it (eg. men’s haircut - $25, women’s - $45 to $65).

Please send me your mailing address and I’ll send it to you for sizing. :)

Sandra
Green_Achers - 2/12/2013 1:30 PM
The obvious answer is this BC cannot put up with the hot air that a man would fill it with. $25 is almost a buck per hair for me - and for poor Greg it would be a total rip off.

BTW, Nice looking BC and I think that price is good for a quick sale. If my bride didn’t already have hers...
Shrek - 2/19/2013 11:37 PM
A lot of times, when it’s made for a woman, they relocate the attachment points for the shoulder straps. Some use swivel buckles and some even incorporate a "bra" type strap that has a built in cup that goes over the boobs to accommodate the female anatomy. It keeps the BC from riding up too much or discomfort from the straps across the females definite different shape. I have had more than one female student that was well endowed try to wear a run of the mill mans BC and it looks funny and I am sure its uncomfortable.