Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Thermalution Yellow Plus Heated Shirt
Btrax - 10/31/2015 10:13 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 1

Has anyone else tried on of these yet?

I purchased a Thermalution Yellow plus last month From ADD HELIUM and have had over a dozen dives both wet and dry with no problems. My most recent dives were in 50 degree water with a dry suit. I wear it over a rash guard and under a light weight fleece undergarment. When i hit the bottom and start to feel the chill i turn it on. I never had to turn it up over setting one so far. I can feel the warmth almost instantly. It seems to form a warm pocket of air on your back as i went feet up a few times to go a bit feet light to assist with trim and i could feel the warm air around my feet. I dove with a waterproof d-10 neoprene drysuit and hollis rebreather with stainless steel back plate. I keep the switch on a split ring clipped on to one of my d-rings. It had no problem communicating with the heat unit. I feel a clear vibration with every push of the switch. Also, the batteries never seem to be noticeable under water. I can feel them when on the surface as they tuck neatly under your arms slightly up towards the armpit area. The coolest part was moving my warm bubble of air around to warm up my extremities. It worked the same way with my arms, legs and chest. I did 3 50 minute dives on one charge of the batteries.
This shirt is one neat piece of gear. All connections are gold plated and waterproof. The charger charges both batteries at the same time.
I have a dozen dives with it wet with the same experience. I look forward to diving in colder water and seeing just how much heat and how little underwear i can use this unit with.
As an aside i do have to give Kudos to the Add Helium crew. The unit was out of stock and i contacted them to see when it would be back in as i was going to use it on a dive trip. The communication with their team was super and they did everything they could to accommodate me including getting the Thermalution yellow to me on time. My thanx again to the Add Helium Team.
Subscribed
AOWTimN - 8/19/2019 2:28 PM
Thinking about buying one if these, any thoughts?