Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving in Fiji
Gregbirdman - 2/03/2013 8:47 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

We are planning a trip to Fiji in May and will be staying in Nadi. Can anyone reccomend a good dive operator there.
LatitudeAdjustment - 2/03/2013 11:48 AM
I assume you picked Nadi for some others in your group or are going on business.

I stayed in Nadi the day before and after the flights just to be close to the airport but it’s not near any diving, you are going to spend a lot of time on the bus getting to or from any dive op. The good news it’s easy to get around, freindliest people around and they all speak the Queens English.
Subscribed
Gregbirdman - 2/03/2013 1:04 PM
Who did you dive with? I have heard the outer islands by Nadi were good is that not the case?
LatitudeAdjustment - 2/03/2013 7:42 PM
From Gregbirdman: Who did you dive with? I have heard the outer islands by Nadi were good is that not the case?...

I was in Nadi to connect with the Nai’a which is a liveaboard that sails the Bligh waters, most of the sites we dove would be too far out for day boats to reach from Viti Levu but we did see some from other islands.

There are rivers on Viti Levu which are great for white water rafting but carry silt down stream, like any island with streams, the farther you get away from them the better the viz. Fiji has great diving and the most colorfull reefs I’ve ever seen but you well need to travel away from Nadi to see them.
ddafg - 2/17/2013 2:47 PM
I have been to Wananavu and VoliVoli recently and would recommend them highly. they are both located in the NE corner of the main island (Viti Levu where Nadi is located) an area called RakiRaki. Fabulous diving and as well for non-divers. Check their web sites, they will pick you up in Nadi when you land as part of the package.