Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddy Central PA
Scubaman7337 - 5/17/2012 12:14 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Hello all, I am in need of a local dive buddy interested in diving Dutch Springs, Bainbridge, Millbrook, and any other local holes we can get into. Currently, I am planning a dive weekend at Dutch Springs on Fathers Day Weekend, and need someone to accompany me. My current certs are Advanced Adventure / Nitrox. Thanks, and have a great day.
diver1945 - 5/17/2012 1:18 PM
I dive with a couple of buddies at Dutch. We are noramlly there every Sunday. You can join us whenever you like. I will not be there June 3 or 10.
lerpy - 5/17/2012 3:12 PM
Hey there, I will not be down there on father day weekend but I will add to buddy list. I like to take weekend tors from Kingston to Dutch and always interested in people who know other places to dive in the PA and NY. I made the trip to Dutch last September and really enjoyed it htere, looking forward to making a couple of trips there this season. What are these other places you mentioned, are they also quarries.
Subscribed
Scubaman7337 - 5/20/2012 6:21 AM
Yup, more quarries, that’s pretty much all we have around here...lol. Millbrook is actually in VA, but from where I live it’s about 2.5 hours away. But even if it’s cold and dark, still a ton of fun. Definately let me know if your in the area and want to dive, if I am available, will definately be down for it.
DiveMeToTheMoon - 6/19/2012 10:55 AM
Hey, if you (orHey, if you (or anyone) is interested, I would like to get out to some state parks, or anywhere else that you don’t have to ’pay to play’. I go to Dutch frequently, but it gets a little old. I would like to find places to just go and hop in. I did a dive in the river last year, off of the York Haven Dam. Not exactly legal, and we couldn’t see squat, but still it was fun. I am not suggesting anything illegal here, only legal access, and you have that at the state parks. Just want to find some OTHER stuff to do. A little more adventure than just going to an underwater adventure park. Find things that no one else has found. Some of the guys at Lancaster Scuba go to the Conestoga river in Lancaster on Wednesdays and dive in only a few feet of water, but they are recovering artifacts and piecing a story together....trying to find who the ’life’ they are piecing together belongs to. Now THAT sounds like adventure to me. That’s the kind of thing I want. Out doing what others are NOT doing. Out actually EXPLORING for a change. I do it kayaking and hiking all the time, would like to do the same UNDER the water.

If anyone is interested or up for it, that would be great. If it’s murky and sucks, we just won’t dive that location again. Never know until you try.

Thanks,

denny