Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Cozumel Jun 18 to Jun 25
Regis - 5/08/2010 12:35 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

Hi, My wife Patty and I are going to Cozumel Jun 18 to the 25th. I plan to dive two boat dives a day and probably a shore dive in afternoon or night dive. My wife doesnt dive, so Im looking for divebuddy or divebuddies for trip. We will be staying at Scuba Club Resort Cozumel. If interested email me and Ill forward details.
badintexas - 5/11/2010 11:23 AM
If you haven’t already, look through forums to see if anyone else has posted anything about those dates for Cozumel also. Take care and have a great time!
badintexas - 5/11/2010 11:29 AM
There’s a forum topic down below yours from JoeEdwards "Cozumel June 24- July1" that you may want to check out.
Subscribed
Regis - 5/11/2010 11:39 AM
I just saw Joes for another week in Cozumel, we were already committed to our dates...vacation was bid in advance and we already committed money to airline tickets and resort reservations...
divemaiden - 5/13/2010 4:50 PM

Are you booking your diving with Scuba Club Cozumel? If so, they dive in groups and you don’t need to find a buddy to pair up with.

Also, if you are diving with Scuba Club Cozumel, I hate to say anything bad, but if you’re assigned to Manuel as your divemaster, ask to dive with the other group. I was assigned to his group. Not only is he anti-social, but 3 times (that I’m aware of) he went down with 7 in his group and lost 5. Luckily 3 of us were divemasters in training and we were with our instructor. The guy just takes off.

The only tip he got from me was advice not to lose his divers.
Subscribed
Regis - 5/14/2010 2:17 PM
Thanks for the tip Divemaiden as its is the first time Ive heard anything negative at all of Scuba Club Cozumel. I used Dive Paradise last year, and was very happy with them.
divemaiden - 5/18/2010 7:53 PM
Manuel was the only seaweed in the ocean, so to speak. Everything else at Scuba Club Cozumel was super.