Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cozumelano
Maxx - 4/17/2009 1:58 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

We are heading to Cozumel and staying at the Cozumelano. Has anyone been to this resort and is the diving from here good? Also are there any sites that are a must do?

BgDmbRngr - 4/18/2009 4:52 AM
Acually just left Cozumel this week. The water is gorgous. The current can get very strong so be prepared to drift fast if you go out beyond the sand beds. There are a ton of charters you can take around the island. I have never stayed at that resort and can’t help you there. We did see sea horses, squid, turtles, sharks, eels, and the very unique toadfish as well while we where there. You should have a great time.
scubajoe - 4/18/2009 5:42 PM

Hi,

We had stayed at the El Cozumelano 3 yrs in a row the hotel is very nice food was great I did dive with Scuba du .on site the last time I was there, they are a good operator but there boats are very slow and if your picked up at the hotel expect to spend the better part of the day in the boat for just 2 dives. I like Dive with Martin its a taxie ride but there boats are the fastest. This year we stayed at the Park Royal it was only a one block walk to the dive shop. I’m sure you will be happy with El Cozumelano we were it was just a long taxie ride every day to the dive operator I like best. Enjoy your trip and dive safe.

Joe 
Argonaut - 4/29/2009 1:20 AM
I’ve stayed at El Cozumeleno 3 times myself, very nice resort. Good All Inclusive deals too. They have a dive shop on site that I was pleased with. I recommend the Paradise reef location for sure as one of your dives. Also try the Sunset Catamaran Cruise they offer at the dive shop if you get a chance, its a good deal. My last stay there was one week before Thanksgiving, there was a little problem with some beach erosion at the time which wasn’t happening on my previous Summer trips. Perhaps its a seasonal issue. Other than that everything was great and I can’t wait to go back!
Subscribed
Maxx - 4/29/2009 8:21 AM
Thanks to everyone for the updates on Cozumelano. We have less than 24hrs to go and ready to get out of the midwest and into some sunshine and warm weather.
Subscribed
Maxx - 5/11/2009 11:45 AM
El Cozumelano was a great place to vacation. We dove the Plancar Reef, Palancar Garden, Turnick and Palancar Caves and will add pictures when I get time. It was perfect timing since the swine flu kept a lot of people away. The resort was great with very good food and service. I would recommend this resort to anyone, the service was first class and it was a great value. We dove with Scuba Du and they paid for a taxi ride to the Presidente and left from there so the boat ride was very short. Thanks again to everyone for the help on this vacation.