Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Best month to dive the u352
TraddEdwards352 - 11/15/2021 2:40 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

hello, what is the best month to dive the u352 with the least chance for rain and the least chance for 0viz.

Thanks

Tradd
GreggS - 11/18/2021 4:35 PM
I haven’t dove the U352 yet, but it is on my list of sites to dive. But being from NC and having dove at our coast numerous times, I can tell you that diving anywhere on our coast is a hit or miss prospect. Thunderstorms can roll in at any time and even if it isn’t raining, the wind can cause dives to be cancelled. I’ve been down for a weekend of diving before and get blown out one day and the next day be picture perfect. You just never know. But I would say Mid-July to Mid-October would be the ideal time of year to go. The water will be the warmest at that time.

As for visibility, it will always be better if you can catch the tide coming in. I’ve dove wrecks before where visibility was 50-75 feet when the tide was coming in, but the same sight had 10 feet of viz or less when it was going out. Our barrier islands along with the many rivers emptying into the backwaters can create a bunch of crud in the water. So check your tide charts for the Morehead City area and try to plan around incoming tide. Maybe you’ll get lucky and hit the trifecta along with a calm & sunny day.
LatitudeAdjustment - 11/21/2021 9:17 AM
If that answer was a known there wouldn’t be so many shipwrecks out there and it’s one of the reasons NC’s dive season is so short.
Subscribed
Justin_BTS - 2/16/2022 11:18 AM
We dove the U-352 on 18 June 2021 and it was spectacular! Flat calm surface and 100+ feet of visibility on the bottom. Truly a memorable dive. That said, it’s hurricane season here in North Carolina from June thru November, so the weather is always a crap shoot. Sometimes you just get lucky, and we did that day.