Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

New diver looking for a buddy to help with OPW certification skills practicing.
mcbrat - 6/18/2020 4:20 PM
Category: Training
Replies: 3

I am new to scuba and am still working on my open water certification. I am in Ohio and am getting certified by my uncle, who is a SDI instructor in FL. Being in two states makes it difficult to get the skills training and required dives in. I am going down to FL to do the dives in a few weeks. I am looking for a buddy to help with the skills training in the pool and the classroom work and then to potentially be a dive buddy once i get certified.
Subscribed
UnderwaterMartini - 12/06/2020 3:42 PM
Did you find someone to help?

I’m back in mid Ohio now as well.
Subscribed
mcbrat - 1/13/2021 4:25 PM
I did not find anyone to help me yet and i was not able to get back down to FL at the end of last year like I had hoped. I am just north of Cincinnati. I tried contacting a place in Columbus about getting some help, but they were not able to do anything because of COVID. I would like to get back to learning the skills before i lose what i have already learned. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Subscribed
UnderwaterMartini - 1/15/2021 5:08 AM
Unfortunately the best shops seem to be in very Covid scared areas.

I’m going to swing by Aquatic Adventures in the spring to attempt to get some pool time to refresh skills, and book AOW training when the weather warms. If that fails, I’ll try Deep Six Scuba way up in Akron.