Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Adding weight pouches to non-integrated BCD
Barbetos - 8/26/2016 6:04 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 7

I have a Fathom 3 BC. I received from a friend as I get back into diving. It does not have a weight integrated system. Is there a way to add a couple of pouches to the back tank straps to allocate weight to?
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/26/2016 7:15 PM
If you add weight to the tank strap how are you going to dump it? Or are you wearing a belt and the added weights are just for trim?

OMS has weight pockets that are meant for a back plate and attach to the D-rings, that’s what I use. I’ve seen trim weight pockets for the tank strap Leisure Pro list a few

leisurepro.com/catalog.aspx?op=gcssearch&term=weight+pockets
Subscribed
Barbetos - 8/26/2016 8:01 PM
Thank you Latitude for the reply.

I do wear a belt but with the weight it slips a lot. I am looking to put 6-8 pounds in it and wear the belt for the rest. I do want to say that it is a temporary solution until I get the $$$ for a new BCD. :)
Eric_R - 8/26/2016 8:36 PM
Those trim pouches work great for a few pounds.
Subscribed
msauto - 8/26/2016 11:53 PM
amazon.com/Palantic-Diving-Counter-Weight-Buckle...s=bcd+weight+pockets

I think this is what you were looking for but there are several different types of ailable on Amazon hope this helps
Subscribed
Barbetos - 9/20/2016 10:36 PM
I understand that I cannot put a lot of weight in the tank pouches, I am more interested reducing my weight in the belt because it tends to slide down. I am using about 16# and would likely only put 6-8# in it.

Hopefully, bonus time I will be able to get a nice weight integrated system.