Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Want to put together a technical wreck diving team NJ/NY
NORTHEAST - 6/08/2015 2:25 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 6

Hi guys maby I will find some tec divers here in NY and the surrounding areas or some of you can point me in the right direction. I just Earned my advanced nitrox and deco procedures through tdi. With that being said I would really like to start hitting deeper wrecks. I’ve been diving wrecks off nj and Li for a while now but obviously within ndl limits. But I have been diving doubles all of that time. Anyway let’s cut to it. It’s not easy to find tec divers as easy as it is to find rec divers. I want to put a team together. I want to know the guys I’m always diving with. I want to know how they dive. I want to be able to rely on my buddies and ave them feel the same about me. And by no means am I looking to be the leader if this team as I have just began my future in tec diving. I’m 26 years old and this is my passion in life. It always has been since I was very young. With all that being said if there is anyone in New York, New Jersey, CT, or anywhere else that would be willing to travel that wants to get a tec club/team together please chime in and let me know. Or if anyone knows of a team out there that I can look into please let me know. Bottom line is I want to be a part of a group of serious hardcore tec wreck divers! Some of you may wonder well even if they do get a few guys what are they just going to jump into 140’ 150’ etc of water together off the bat. NO! Little by little as people join together we can go to a quarry such as dutch or maby somewhere not as deep and see how eachother dives first. Once all is figured out them we can start venturing off into deeper waters. Anyway guys let me know what’s up. Thanks for reading this.
Subscribed
tstormdiver - 6/11/2015 5:29 AM
Sorry, I’m too far away (& at this time of year busier than a cat in a sand box). Can your instructor put you in touch with a few of his recent former students, at the same level? With wanting to put a group together, you will be, by default, the leader. Good luck with your endeavors. If you ever come around western KY or TN, look me up.
Subscribed
NORTHEAST - 6/11/2015 7:28 AM
Damn Tammy I wish you were local. Any chance you want to dive in west palm beach Florida around the 24th? There are a few wrecks around 150’
Subscribed
tstormdiver - 6/11/2015 7:31 AM
Nope. Not going to FL until mid Aug to lead a trip for he shop, to Panama City Beach.
Subscribed
NORTHEAST - 6/11/2015 10:49 AM
Ok cool
Subscribed
tstormdiver - 6/11/2015 5:06 PM
Unfortunately, I have to pay the bills (the 4 letter word.... work). I’m jealous, I’d be in Cave Country (No. FL) in a heartbeat, if I could. My instructor is going to be there teaching CCR Cave & Full Cave & diving some systems (like Eagle’s Nest) that I could only dream of diving.
Subscribed
NORTHEAST - 6/11/2015 7:03 PM
I just booked my dive with pompano dive center. The wreck is called the "guy Harvey". It sits in 150’ of water.