Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

American Diving - TX
Markkk - 5/09/2015 4:34 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

Does anyone have any previous experience with American Diving at South Padre Island? Any recommendations? Thanks!!!
Subscribed
SaintsReturn - 5/10/2015 10:56 AM
No, but watching since I would like to get down there before I leave Texas next year.
Subscribed
sk290 - 5/12/2015 1:04 PM
I dove with them in 2008. They were one of the very few licensed to dive the Clipper back then; an okay outfit, nothing memorable. I was diving solo so at first they paired me up with someone on air (I was diving Nitrox). Then they paired me up with a father/young son who were diving Nitrox. The kid (a teenager) was trying out his new spearfishing gun so I was a little nervous about that. Btw, spearfishing was not allowed because it had just been turned over to the Texas Parks and Recreation Dept. in 2006 to be turned into a reef. I wished back then that they would have respected the rules and allowed the reef to grow and developed. The boat was nice and comfortable.

I guess if I were to do this again, I would look for another outfit who had a little more respect for the reef program and what it’s meant to be. We should all be good stewart of the ocean’s treasures. You can read my write up on the trip on my profile.

Sandra
Subscribed
Markkk - 5/15/2015 12:39 PM
Thank Sandra!