Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Anyone use an Aeris Ex100 BC? Would like an opinon!
David_A - 7/08/2013 3:13 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

Hi,

I live in the northeast and a novice diver. I was thinking about buying the Aeris Ex100 BCD. It will primarily be used in the northeast but will probably be taken to the Caribbean occasionally.

Does anyone have an opinion on this BCD?
Subscribed
John_giu - 7/08/2013 4:48 PM
Watch for sizing in any BCD. You may find that one which fits over your cold water gear might be a bit too large in a dive skin while tropical diving. The Aeris I have no idea. Here is a Scuba Lab review if you haven’t seen it http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/bcs/scubalab-bcs-aeris-ex100
Subscribed
David_A - 7/08/2013 8:12 PM
Thanks John! I did not think of that but I heard from online reviews that it can be used under both scenarios (cold vs tropics).
Subscribed
MikeyByTheSea - 7/23/2013 2:18 PM
Hi David,
I’m rather new to the sport and equipment, but the Ex100 is the bcd I used for certification. I enjoyed it and thought it performed pretty well, but then again, I was breathing underwater for the first time, so everything seemed magical.
I’ve heard other people who bought that one, as well as the Aeris Atmos, really enjoyed both.
Subscribed
David_A - 7/23/2013 3:47 PM
Thanks Mike. I appreciate your response. I did acquire one and found it to be a good BCD for my level (novice).
Subscribed
chevy_67_72 - 8/05/2013 8:52 PM
I use the EX100 as my rental gear and everyone seems to like it pretty well.. It has easy to use weight releases, and the dump and inflation buttons are really easy to find and use... they are really durable and hold up well!! and as far as sizing go they have several ways to adjust for different sizes and are fairly easy to adjust to different sizes.