Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Galapagos Diving
Scuba-Smurf - 4/06/2013 9:14 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Hi,

We are looking to book a diving trip to the Galapagos in 2014. As it’s so far for us to go from the Middle East, we want to make sure we get the best of the best diving available.

Has anyone traveled there and able to offer any personal insights as to best time of year, liveaboards, dive companies etc?
Thanks so much
LatitudeAdjustment - 4/07/2013 8:53 AM
I did it with Aggressor and was completly satisfied. There was one boat, I believe Big Blue that had bad reviews, food and the Captain off the boat while divers were in the water but that was years ago and I would hope that’s been corrected.

Not all liveaboards have permits to go to Wolf and Darwin islands where the big stuff is. Not all can take you on land tours so read the fine print. Enjoy!
Dutch - 4/10/2013 2:52 PM
I used to work for the Trimarin group in the BVI and crewed on the Lammer Law for its very first charter. Great boat and set up. They now run her for Galapagos liveaboard diving charters. They usually have great reviews but as I am not following any discussions concerning the Galapagos in the last 10 or so years, I can’t say how it is now.