Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

What do you do in your wetsuit?
Anonymous - 1/18/2008 7:47 PM
Category: Anonymous
Replies: 16

Okay. We all dive. We all know we should hydrate, hydrate, hydrate before,during and after. I don`t know about you guys, but the deeper and longer I dive, the MORE I have to go potty....so I do. Divers best kept secret,the one we all do and no one admits to. So....do you? And you ones diving in the drysuits,,,WHAT in the world do you do if you make a boo-boo? How do you clean that up...? Just sitting around in the cold weather and thinking....
Anonymous - 1/18/2008 11:32 PM
You get a balanced P-Valve installed in a dry suit before that problem ever comes up.
Anonymous - 1/19/2008 8:11 PM
I agree with the p-valve, though I have the unbalanced one. Either way it`s a great accessory to have.
Anonymous - 1/19/2008 8:26 PM
Its called the "WarHammer" maneuver. I think you can find it on youtube.
Anonymous - 1/20/2008 12:26 PM
"I don`t think the urge to "boo-boo" has hit yet, but I am sure that is a good use for depends under garments." I gave up diapers a long time ago, so I will vote for the P-valve!!!
Anonymous - 1/20/2008 8:31 PM
I just don`t do "boo-boo`s" in my drysuit.
Anonymous - 1/21/2008 12:43 PM
I installed my own P-Valve and it only took 10 minutes. I had to order the catheter condoms from Ontario. Worse problem there, I ordered the ones a few sizes to small for me. So $170 later I finally got the right size and all is well. Best thing since sliced bread having a P-Valve in a drysuit.
Anonymous - 1/21/2008 2:00 PM
The WarHammer Maneuver

Anonymous - 1/21/2008 11:58 PM
oh man, That is nasty..reminds me of my first time in Cozumel after a night at Carlos and Charlies
Anonymous - 1/21/2008 11:59 PM
Every now and then..I make some special "boot juice"
Anonymous - 1/22/2008 4:20 PM
there are two kinds of divers, those who wet their wetsuits and those who lie about it.
Anonymous - 1/23/2008 10:31 PM
I was only talking peeing in your wetsuit,not the other...man, you guys....
Anonymous - 1/23/2008 10:32 PM
How does a p-valve work for women? Inquiring minds want to know...
Anonymous - 1/24/2008 2:18 AM
I know women firefighters (wildland) have a device which allows them to go and not miss a beat. May be worth looking into. JT
Anonymous - 1/24/2008 8:02 AM
Well you did say boo-boo... and left up to interpretation, could be only one of two things!
Anonymous - 1/28/2008 6:27 PM
i went and found the warhammer pic just for this post, only to find i was beaten to the punch line. never had a poo issue in the wetsuit. i did do a mad dash to the head on a surface interval once. i couldnt find the zipper pull. it was CLOSE. as for boot juice. if it was a trade-able commodity ide be rich. as soon as i hit the water it hits me. during class dives my favorite joke is to ask the nearest student to me if hes warm enough. they usually say... uh, yeah.... and say, your welcome. it takes a second for them to understand, then they laugh....and side step a few feet away.