Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Maui-Kihei Hawaii - Need buddy for March 24 - 29, 2013
TrevorP - 3/12/2013 6:31 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 6

I will be in Maui/Kihei arriving March 23, 2013 for one week, and need one or more buddies. I will likely do a couple of shore dive mornings (not TOO early), with maybe the family tagging along for a snorkel. I do have a buddy lined up for March 30 also. I am an intermediate diver, with about 50+ dives in warm and cold water. Previously I mostly did some boat diving in Maui, but dove/snorkelled at Ulua and Kam 3. Some local knowledge would be good, but there is always the Maui Dive Shop guide. Let me know if you want to buddy up.
Subscribed
B4UDive - 3/15/2013 12:38 AM
Aloha Trevor:
I will be running my B&B that week, but I may have time to sneak out for a dive or two. Can you make it up to the Lahaina side? There are some excellent shore dives that have easy access.
Subscribed
TrevorP - 3/16/2013 9:08 AM
Hi Tanna. That could work. I have to coordinate with the family, so either I would come out early by myself and then head back to get some snorkeling in with them, or if not too early of a start, they could come along and they would snorkel at the dive site or nearby, or do other stuff in town. Depends on when the water gets rough, and if you tyically do one tank or two. I sure like the idea of getting some local knowlege. Let me know your thoughts.

Trevor
Subscribed
TrevorP - 3/16/2013 9:09 AM
Oh yes, and if you know anybody on the Kihei side, I would not mind doing 5 caves at some point in the week
Subscribed
B4UDive - 3/16/2013 12:39 PM
Plenty of places to snorkel and dive. Just give me a call when you get on island: Tanna at (808) 661-8085. We will check on conditions and play it by ear. Do you have all of your own gear?
Subscribed
TrevorP - 3/16/2013 10:02 PM
I will rent the bulky/heavy stuff the night before each dive to save time. thanks I will call you after we arrive.
Subscribed
TrevorP - 3/16/2013 10:03 PM
I just need one more buddy for a dive at 5 Caves near Kihei some time during the week. Anybody out there interested?