Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Surggestions please
mo - 1/01/2008 7:48 AM
Category: General
Replies: 5

I have persuaded the wife that a good place to visit for her 40th birthday (June 2009) would be Florida....... so I am looking for some suggestions for an itinerary for a two week stay...... Three very important things to include are...... diving for me, Disney for my son and the keys for my wife, what would be your ideal trip?
harleydiver - 1/01/2008 2:06 PM
Stay here in the Orlando area for 3 days. Thats about it because you`ll get Moused out real fast. While in the Orlando area. you could do a quick partial day trip to one of the several springs with in an hours drive. Then head to Key Largo/Ilsmorada The wife gets the Keys, you get the diving, the kids had Disney and they can have the beach in the Key`s.
NWKatShark - 1/01/2008 6:53 PM
(1).USS Oriskany (2).USS Oriskany (3).USS Oriskany
luv2diveWPB - 1/02/2008 12:28 AM
Dive Jupiter, FL on the way from Orlando to the Keys. You will not soon forget the experience. Size of sea life is unparalled in SFL and its all effortless drift diving!
anemone - 1/02/2008 7:36 PM
Disney: Dive the Living Seas aquarium at Epcot. Gear included--407/wdw-tour. Key Largo: Great diving, have used Seadwellers dive shop-good group. Reefs are beautiful, bottom times up to an hour or longer depending on your air consumption. Good snorkeling for non-divers. Key West only 1 hour drive away. Great fishing also.
wpbdiver - 1/05/2008 2:04 PM
Two days Orlando, probably close to broke by then haha. Tour the Cape. Great space stuff for young and old. half day. then drive to West Palm/Jupiter for the best diving in Fla. Period. To the keys, I enjoy driving the bridges but thats about it. Over priced, unguided dive trips, reefs pretty shot. But few good wrecks. Over rated... At least two full days WPB, more night life, better beaches, better everything then the keys. Sorry to burst any bubbles you all may have with the keys. Unless you bring your own boat to the keys, you really wont see much, the dive operators take you to the over-dove sites. Come on and visit, our dive operators will treat you right. Good Luck WPBDIVER