Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cozumel
gepdiv - 1/08/2011 8:33 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 6

Thinking of going to Cozumel end of the month, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Subscribed
csemenko - 1/09/2011 4:18 AM

For Staying: Hotel Cozumel. Pay for the all inclusive package (room, airport transfers, food, and drinks). I have always had great experiences here. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great food and drinks. The pool is nice. There is an under the street walk way to the other side of the hotel (on the beach). They have their lunch buffet and beach bar there. You can also find their dive shop, boat pier, dive lockers, dive gear cleaning station, and stairs into the ocean (for shore diving) there.

We usually rent a tank and weights the night we arrive for some shore diving to check our buoyancy (for dive boat weight) and to get a nice 20ft shallow dive with some yellow stingrays, parrot fish, and various other beautiful sea life.

For Diving: I like Dive With Martin. Most dive shops will pick you up at the Hotel Cozumel pier. You can also add diving to your package and dive with the boat / shop from the hotel. I have tried 4 different dive boats in Cozumel and never had a bad experience just a better one with Dive with Martin.

I recommend calling ahead to make dive boat reservations and most boats will meet you at the peir outside the hotel. Good luck.
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 1/11/2011 1:16 PM

We have stayed at Casa Del Mar the past two years and have had no complaints !!! We dove with Dive House this last trip and it was Great !!! Hope this helps !!!

Jeff

http://www.divebuddy.com/photo.aspx?PicID=52566"> src="http://www.divebuddy.com/members/photos/pic_9103_52566sm.jpg" border=0>

Subscribed
Div4fun - 1/12/2011 11:47 AM
My wife and I stay at the Wyndham. You have to take a cab to get back to San Miguel, but the bar is outstanding and Sand Dollar is an excellent shop to dive with.
Sometimes we do "Guys Dive" at Hotel Barracuda. It is not an all inclusive, but the dive boat picks you up steps from the hotel and you are only a couple of blocks from town.
Wyndham is nicer for a relaxing vacation. The Barracuda is more basic if you are just there to dive.
Subscribed
badintexas - 1/12/2011 2:30 PM
There are many, many forum topics on here with lots of ideas and suggestions. Greg and I have been a few times and we’ve always used www.searobincozumel.com for diving and snorkeling. They’re awesome and reasonably priced. Have fun!!!!
Subscribed
nicemiwoman - 2/07/2011 6:33 PM

I used Sandollar Sports and they were awesome. They even rinsed out our gear and picked up at my hotel. I used them twice in 2010 (got my Advanced Certification through them in Dec.).

My first time to Cozumel, I used AquaWorld who left me on the first dive. They were too crowded and had too many groups on a boat at a time.