Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

New To Wisconsin
alvinj88 - 7/04/2010 11:23 AM
Category: General
Replies: 3

I have been diving since 1998 back in the Philippines, I am now living in Milwaukee and looking at Lake Michigan makes it very tempting for me to SCUBA dive. the last time I did SCUBA was 2009 while on vacation in Asia. I was wondering if any of you guys know any cool clubs to join and good spots to do some lake diving other than Lake Michigan?

Subscribed
badintexas - 7/07/2010 2:28 PM
Hey Alvin, I just searched and there are about 7 divers on DiveBuddy from your area. You can send them messages directly about diving in Milwaukee or even Michigan area with questions/suggestions on places to dives. There are several DiveBuddy clubs on here too from Wisconsin and Michigan States that you can join and hopefully join up with for future dives. Good luck!
Subscribed
alvinj88 - 7/08/2010 5:40 PM
thanks boss! I’ll go check it out :)
73diver - 10/16/2013 7:50 PM
Hi Alvin,

There is quite a bit of diving around Milwaukee. There are 7 or 8 dive shops in the Milwaukee area and more in the cities along the lakeshore. The shops host various dive activities throughout the year. There are a few dive boats that visit the numerous wrecks in Lake Michigan. Some of the wreck dives are very deep and require special mixes and equipment. Certification dives are frequently accomplished in several quarries around the area. Some quarries or inland lakes were developed specifically for divers. The inland water temperatures are around 60-65F near the surface and 50’s deeper. Unless I’m going deep I wear a beanie or cap (not a hood) and wear thin gloves.

Happy Diving,

Ken