Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Key West
Joe65 - 5/30/2010 8:23 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

Going to Key West the end of June for 2 weeks I will be staying at Boyds camp ground, any suggestions on diving, or dive shops are welcome. This will be my first blue water dive since certification in 2007 should be awesome. 
ToyotaTerrorist - 5/30/2010 8:43 PM
Check out Capt Slates Atlantis dive shop in Key Largo as you head down. It’s one of the first you pass coming into the Keys. Excellent air fills at decent rates and they also do dive trips. A+++
Tincanguy - 6/04/2010 1:47 PM
I dive the Keys every year and have never been disappointed, I hope to head down in August if the oil spill doesn’t ruin it all for us. If you have the oppourtunity try moving up the keys to Isla Morada some really great dives and the water is shallow, lot’s of really nice reefs. I’ve used several dive shops in Key West and the Keys in general and been on many different dive boats, I have enjoyed them all. Have fun. .. .
EricaB - 6/08/2010 3:01 PM
I just got back from key west. Dove out of subtropic dive center. They were great. Dove the Vandenberg 4 times!!!! It was awesome! It’s a must do especially while in Key West!