Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

CURACAO diving? HOT or NOT?
DiveGirl55 - 5/26/2010 4:19 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

Okay, I have hear mixed reviews about CURACAO, and now I am wondering if I should change my destination?
Flamingo - 5/27/2010 10:38 AM
Mixed in what respects?
Curacao is a wonderful place to dive. You have more shore dives than you can ever accomplish and the boat diving is as various and numerous. It is warm all year round so no need for wetsuit beyond 5mm, if you’re into wreck dives, we have that here also.

When are you scheduled to visit? Where have you decided to stay? I suppose your stay will be influenced by the accommodations you have chosen and the dive outfitter you are using. IMHO, use a few different dive operators around the island (east and west ends), rent a car so you can explore the island, don’t do AI (all inclusive) at your hotel ... get out and experience the wonderful flavors of the island.

You have plenty of experience diving, so the more challenging dives might be worth exploring.
Try divechartercuracao.com/ and Contact Niels.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 [w:LsdException Loc
Flamingo - 5/27/2010 10:44 AM
Sorry last reply got shortened ...

Niels will set you up with some great diving on the North side of the island. Email: info [ at ] divechartercuracao.com/ Phone: 529-3899.

On the East end for Shore Diving - The Dive Bus, next to Breezes Resort; http://www.the-dive-bus.com/
On the West side for boat diving, try OEW - Ocean Encounters West.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me.
I am in Curacao now for the Curacao Dive Festival!
Flamingo

OLDSCHOOL - 5/27/2010 6:21 PM
I’ve never dived there. However, I spent a week on Bonaire at Buddy Dive. It was without question the best and easiest diving I’ve ever experienced. I have spoken to others who have dived both and all were in agreement that Bonaire’s diving was much better.
Subscribed
DiveGirl55 - 5/29/2010 10:14 PM
Mid June , Lions dive
Subscribed
jnowak100 - 6/19/2010 2:48 PM
I was diving in Curacao 2/28-3/7/10 the diving was awesome, wrecks reefs beach boat hard soft coral lots of flora and fauna and great viz. Excellent for underwater fotos. I was diving with Niels of divechartercuracao.com, he was fantastic as a dive buddy we did a lot of diving around the island as he has a small fast boat that he can launch in different places, also knows some great local restaurants. I stayed in a small apartment complex called seahorizonapartments.com across from Breezes and very inexpensive but very comfortable. Also took the local buses around, very easy.