Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Oriskany -- Feb 16-18 trip cancelled - bad weather
jfhuard - 2/18/2008 10:12 AM
View Member Articles
Category: Travel
Comments: 1
Crappy weather forecast for the weekend (5-7 feet waves) made us cancel our trip to the Oriskany this weekend... Although it was a disappointing decision, it seems that it was the right one as severe storms and a tornado destroyed home in south FL and AL (see online news). We haven`t figured out when we`ll go, but we are already looking a rescheduling alternatives...


DavidFL - 3/15/2008 7:19 AM
JF: I am also trying to figure out a way to dive the Oriskany. I was a Navy pilot in a former life; have landed airplanes on Oriskany as well as other carriers; I want to dive it. I live in Florida so for me it will probably be a long car trip to join anyone else, and I will likely try to do it on a weekend, but if you get a trip together I would sure like to see if I could find a way to join it. I will likely not go below about 130` in exploring the Oboat...will be happy to poke around the bridge and Pri-Fly and the superstructure