Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

wheel
wcarlile - 4/05/2009 12:37 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 8

What is the best wheels for Diving and what have you done to it so you can dive with it.

SCUBASMITTY - 4/05/2009 12:50 AM
my escape veh,

damn,! send me an e-mail and i will send you some pix!
Subscribed
wcarlile - 4/05/2009 3:18 AM
well now there is some Ideas
Tibbar23 - 4/05/2009 8:34 AM
I think my jeep works great, after day of diving just hose it out.
seawolfdiving - 4/05/2009 10:05 AM

I use my 1999 Isuzu Amigo. With the back seat folded up there is just enough room for all the equipment necessarry for two divers. It’s 4WD and it goes everywhere. Plus, it has a rag top so I can enjou the sun & fresh air.

The only thing that I had to do was purchase a couple of tank holders and a heavy rubber floor liner for the back.

scubaclay - 4/05/2009 3:42 PM
I love my 2006 Chevy Colorado extended cab. I can fit everything in the 5’ bed and put the cover on it. That way noone knows that I have gear in the back.
mo - 4/05/2009 4:58 PM

My new Ford Ranger 4x4 double cab pick up, only two weeks old, yet to be dive tested, but i’m sure that it’s going to be up to the job

Mo
C-Ray - 4/07/2009 12:13 AM
I use my 2005 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab. I like the fact that it has the half doors for the back seat that open up reverse. That way you can access stuff from front and back with out a "B" post in the way. I have a heavy duty clothes pole hung in the back seat across the whole length. I put all my dive gear in the back seat and on the back foor boards, and it is more than enough room for 2 sets of dive gear. I even hang my BCDs and wet suits, when wet on one side, and they mostly dry out on the drive home. The other side is for dry bags and dry stuff, it works. All leather interior is a must, and I have the bed covered in Rhino Liner for no slip, but it does not eat up the paint on my tanks, it keeps everything from sliding around. 4WD is a must, and goes through sand and mud no problem. When not diving, it takes me and my ATVs out in the woods with ease. This is one of the best all around usefull vehicles I have ever purchased.
muddiver - 4/14/2009 12:04 PM

I started with an old Jeep Wagoneer that my wheeled tupperware tub fit into.

Now I tote my gear around in a Jeep Liberty. Runs better too.

The advantage over a regular Jeep or pickup is I can lock my stuff up inside the vehicle whether I am at the beach, or stopping for chow after a dive.