Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Hi!
BeachBrat - 3/19/2009 6:39 PM
Category: New Diver Q&A
Replies: 4

Hi all,

New to the site (&diving) and just wanted to say hi. Have no buddy to dive with but live on the eastern shore off Lewes/Rehoboth Beaches in Delaware. I hear there are lots of wrecks and would love to start diving them. Just came back from Florida Keys and loved it."Worked" on my AOW while there but weather got rough and missed my wreck and deep dive. Bummer! The water is still cool here (55-60) but will warm up soon! Would love to have someone to dive with - here and just about anywhere.
dolphin0867 - 3/19/2009 7:59 PM
Curious if that is your hometown or are a transplant? I grew up in Dover. I’m in Tampa bay area now. Also new to diving (certified last summer). I hate being cold ... even here wanting the water to warm up more.
scubadubadoo - 3/19/2009 10:11 PM
Cathy...are you an angel? Haha seriously, you are like EXACTLY the kind of person I’ve been looking for! I’m also new to the site and diving...I have my AOW, but I haven’t had a chance to dive in months so I’m rusty...AND I live on the eastern shore of MD! I go to school in Chestertown. If you’re really interested in doing some local diving, I would looooove to team up! We could be like Abbott and Costello, Starsky and Hutch, Jon and Stephen! That last one was Stewart and Colbert...never mind all that, just let me know what you think! I like the idea because we’re both newbs so we wouldn’t make eachother feel dumb :) Not that you’re dumb, you seem highly intelligent!
CindyGullo - 3/20/2009 9:52 PM
Cathy, I live in PA but have a vacation home in Rehoboth and would love someone to dive with when I am there on the weekends and vacations. I am newly certified (Open Water) and working on my AOW which I am hoping to have some time this summer. Let me know if you are interested.
burt - 5/05/2009 12:45 PM

Cathy,

There are several dive clubs in the area. I also live near milton and dive with a group called delmarva wreck divers. Good group of guys, we dive about 5 times out of indian river and a couple of times out of OC, during the summer. Also, we go to n.c. a couple of times a year. let me know if you are interested and I will give you more information.

Burt