Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

HMS Rhone
jbridges - 3/18/2009 10:47 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

Has anyone dived the HMS Rhone in the BVI? 
Greg - 3/18/2009 1:26 PM
I haven’t yet...but it looks like we should add that dive site to DiveBuddy.com. If anyone has been there, please add that location to our dive site section.

Thanks,

Greg
Subscribed
jbridges - 3/18/2009 2:59 PM
I will be doing a 2 tank dive to the Rhone the week after Easter while on a cruise. Hopefully I can capture some decent images on my camera.
GB - 3/18/2009 5:42 PM
I’ve been there twice. It’s a good wreck dive. There can be a current there from time to time. The deepest part of the wreck from what I recall is the bow at about 85 feet. I’ll add it to the Dive Sites.
Cheers!
Gary
GB - 3/18/2009 6:13 PM
Here’s a 10 minute video of the dive on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNS9Vr4RlEY#
NitroxNick - 3/19/2009 1:22 PM
I dove it about two years ago. It’s one of the best dives I did while there. It’s a long wreck site so it’s usually done as one dive on the bow section and another dive on the stern section. This is a real wreck and a lot of passengers died while tied in their bunks during a storm. The stern section blew up when the cold sea water hit the boilers. Parts of the wreck were filmed while shooting the movie ’The Deep". The dive master took us through he wreck also. We also did a night dive through the same portion.
pinkladydi - 3/29/2009 10:23 AM
been there dove it viz was 4 feet , stayed on Virgin Gorda the only friendly people were the dive shop staff, all the restaurants tried to rip us for double tips,
Subscribed
CC - 8/06/2013 10:41 AM
I have dove it and it ranks as one of my favorite dives. Totally awesome!! I was fortunate to have it documented by a professional photographer. Some of my pics are on my profile. Check them out