Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bermuda SCUBA experts needed
ScubaHawk - 1/02/2009 11:09 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

Hello DiveBuddies,

My wife and I are trying to plan another diving adventure. I am interested in going to Bermuda. But, I don’t want to end-up with a dive operation or hotel that does not cater to serious recreational SCUBA divers.

We like group trips and we also like going on dive trips by ourselves.

The last trip I planned did not work-out so well. All of the dive operators on that South Pacific Island dived the same four spots, over and over again! Boring!

I definately need feedback from people who have dived Bermuda. Also, if you know of any groups going to Bermuda, let me know.

Help!

markm
Greg - 1/05/2009 2:50 PM
Two dive sites listed on divebuddy.com for Bermuda (we should have more so if you’ve been to Bermuda, please add the dive sites to our website for all of us to benefit from):

Green Bay Cave
Members that have been here

Christoforo Colon
Members that have been here

Two active members that live in Bermuda (send them direct messages for more info):
fundiver4u
Kirst
Greg - 1/06/2009 4:21 PM
We are in the process of updating the Bermuda dive sites listed on divebuddy.com. We now have many more than we did when I replied last. Check them out here:

View All Bermuda Dive Sites

If you can, please help us by adding or editing the dive sites you know about or have been to.

Thanks!

Greg
Kristen - 1/07/2009 8:18 AM

I’ve only snorkeled in Bermuda (I wasn’t certified to dive yet when I went there, and that’s actually what made me want to get certified), but there are definitely some great spots to go in Bermuda. This site has a list of all the dive shops and hotels that offer diving: http://www.scubaspots.com/listings.php?Location=Bermuda I went snorkeling with Fantasea. They were good, but it was a really short trip, since they try to keep on a schedule to get more people out there. They make a point of making sure you know what types of fish and aquatic life you’ll see and how to deal with them if you come into contact with them (We saw parrotfish, barracudas, spotted eagle rays, and moon jellyfish), and they give you a free Rum Swizzle on the way back!! I’m not sure how their diving trips are, but I’d definitely check them out. They’re located right near the information center off Front St. in Hamilton.

Hope that helped!!