Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Palm Springs Area diving - Sept 17th
CallesCafe - 9/03/2008 5:04 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 5

Ill be in Palm Springs, CA Sept 17-18 and was wondering if there was anywhere within reasonable distance to dive, and with who on Sept 17th.

Ill be driving in early the morning of the 17th from Phx, AZ, and am willing to drive an hour outside of PS.
Subscribed
CallesCafe - 9/03/2008 2:51 PM
Alright, looks like Im going to make the 2 hours extra drive time to go to La Jolla or Catalina.

Anyone want to join?
Pyrate - 9/04/2008 9:34 AM
Arizona? That’s a dessert - not much diving there. Would love to dive Cali, but the drive’s too long for me in SW Florida...have fun.
Rich-D-Fish - 9/06/2008 4:50 PM

How early is "early" on the 17th? From Palm Springs to the Los Angeles coast mid-week you are looking at probably a 2 hour drive. To La Jolla near San Diego add 30-45 minutes more. You could probably get in a shore dive or two locally (Laguna Beach, Palos Verdes, Malibu), but Calalina is an all day trip and you’d want to be on the first ferry to the island to make it worth your while. I’d be happy to try a shore dive that day if my work schedule wasn’t too hectic, but would probably have to make the final decision the day before. (sorry) If you could reschedule for the weekend your options will open up greatly.

Rich
spacemanspiff22 - 9/08/2008 8:36 AM
You could do a Laguna Beach shore dive. I hate shore dives but that’s probably the closest thing to Palm Springs. It might be difficult getting a boat midweek
Subscribed
CallesCafe - 9/08/2008 10:17 AM
Yeah, not too many boats are running and if they are, theyre already sold out. Its a last minute trip for an interview in Palm Springs, so I didnt even expect to dive, but think I’ll do a guided shore dive with OEX, as I dont have any cold water experience.