Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Connecting with Dive Buddies
Anonymous - 1/08/2021 6:12 AM
Category: Anonymous
Replies: 7

Hello to All, Just wondering why some divers post info about a trip they were on, or just the fact they are on this site and when you contact them to say "Hi" or to get their knowledge on something, or looking for a Buddy to dive with, and they won’t answer your message. Or they won’t continue a conversation when they think they have answered with enough. We are all here to find dive! Dive Safe, Dive Often!
Anonymous - 15 days 4 hours ago.
I’ve been a Divebuddy participant since 2012 and have noticed the same thing. Article comments are few and far between, though many are excellent. I was told early on that divers are very "passive", but didn’t know what that meant at the time. Based on what I’ve noticed, indifferent is more like it. Not sure why that is.
Anonymous - 15 days 3 hours ago.
Some may not answer because you’re anonymous and your interest is suspect
Anonymous - 14 days 20 hours ago.
I would not answer anyone that did not announce who they were. Seems a bit creepy.

I have had good conversations with folks on this board and I dive with some of them regularly - at least pre-COVID I did - now I don’t dive as much as I want...

Treat people the way you want to be treated or better and you may get different results...
Anonymous - 13 days 22 hours ago.
You don’t have to post your real name and list your girlfriends phone number or anything. But Anon’s are sketchy at best. It’s nice to at least see an Avatar, screenname, location, etc.

It’s more likely that they just moved on. No big deal. Divers tend to be a quiet bunch.
Anonymous - 13 days 2 hours ago.
Thanks for giving feedback. When I contact other divers, I do use my real Profile. Anyone that reads my message can look at my photos, and my Buddy list. Most of the time I’m just looking for some info about an area they live in, or a dive site they have been to. All innocent stuff. Basically people today only care about themselves, and don’t want to be friendly.
Anonymous - 12 days 21 hours ago.
The pandemic certainly hasn’t helped. Several divers I know have decided to go solo because of the difficulty of finding available buddies. I’ve been doing a lot of solo diving for that very reason. My work schedule is unusual, and two of my most faithful buddies haven’t been able to dive with me because of it. Besides that, we humans tend to only care about ourselves anyway (aside from our core families), but do seek relationships and connections with folks (divers) we trust.
I feel your pain.
Anonymous - 7 days 17 hours ago.
Dive shops are getting killed by covid. Mine are barely open.

It’s kinda funny from our 3rd person point of view. This kind of shutdown is what they’ve wanted for years. But now that it’s happened, it’s not so cool. I just enjoy the popcorn while they fill my tanks. I don’t say anything, but the irony is priceless.