Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

What kind of buoyancy compensating device do you prefer and why
MisterEd - 8/04/2020 12:11 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 3

Uncertain if I am in the market for new BCD. I bought a used Black Diamond Seaquest BCD from eBay but have not tried it yet because I postponed my final PADI class due to gallbladder surgery which happened yet. Anyway in training I used a Jacket style BCD. The Black Diamond mentioned above is back inflate BCD thereby allowing more freedom of movement that creates a natural push to remain horizontal underwater.

Although not yet tested it seems to me my Black Diamond BCD is the most functional of the three styles
ELLOCODIABLO - 8/04/2020 3:00 PM
Backplate/wing. Adjustable for all body types. Customizable to your diving.
Subscribed
ScoobahJim - 8/04/2020 8:11 PM
aqualung.com/ca/dive-gear/axiom-i3

I use the i3. I have a neck injury and the harness system takes a lot of the weight off my neck and shoulder. In addition I no longer have to fumble and twist with my inflator/deflator on my shoulder. I can release air no matter what position I am in, under the water.

With that being said.. I plan to switch to a back inflate once I get my drysuit bought and paid for.
Caloosa - 8/05/2020 6:20 AM
Dive Rite with steel backplate wing...gives me flexibility to use less lead weights...has strapping that allows for extra tanks and regs for more advanced diving.