Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for an NC coast dive Buddy
ac64218 - 7/07/2018 11:55 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

Hi Everyone, I’m Alex, New member, Just joined.

I’ve recently gotten into diving and I’m hooked! I live in Charlotte NC, and am looking for someone that lives relatively close by for a dive buddy. Ideally, I would like that person to be a more advanced diver to act as a mentor. I’d like to develop my skills further for deeper dives, spearfishing, lionfish hunting, as well as, shell and fossil hunting. I currently have 10 dives in my log book including my certification dives. I’m Open Water, and Nitrox certified through SDI, and will be going for my advanced certification once I meet the qualifications. My home base dive shop is Divers Supply in Pineville. The team there has done very well for me and I recommend them.

So a little about me, I’m 32 years old and am an adventurer at heart. I am physically fit, have no health complications, and take good care of myself. I’m also an animal lover and my aussie Koda will be around whenever possible. As far as gear goes, I have a wet suit, BC, fins, mask boots, etc. I’m currently saving up for a regulator, octo, and gauge system. While I’m relatively new to diving I am very adept at safely completing technical skills. At various points in my life I’ve been a big wall rock climber, Motorcyclist, skydiver, surfer, and mountain biker. I’m good at understanding my limits, taking my time to develop skills, and controlling fear. Safety and Planning are important to me, as are accepting the inherent risks of any activity, but I also am not afraid to take that next step when I’m ready.

Also, on the plus side. My family has several investment properties on the coast, so in many cases I can provided free accommodations for a weekend dive trip. Also, just to be clear I’m only looking for a dive buddy, I’m engaged and not looking for anything more but, male or female doesn’t matter to me. If you’re interested please comment below, and send me a personal message letting me know your experience level and a little about yourself. Thanks!
Subscribed
DeepBluExplorer - 7/09/2018 4:50 PM
Hey Alex,

I live in North Carolina, and dive regulary. I live very close to Charlotte. I try to get as many ocean dives in as possible, and plan on getting a few in here soon. Let me know if you want to plan a dive, and we’ll make it happen.

Thanks,

Mark
Subscribed
ChrisR - 9/09/2018 12:27 PM
Hey Alex, are you an active skydiver? what drop zone?