Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

West Palm Beach Recommendations
CJFor - 4/02/2018 10:54 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

There is a good chance I may be in West Palm Beach FL the first week in June, anyone have any recommendations for shops that run daily charters, or sites that are a "must see"? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Subscribed
Caloosa - 4/03/2018 2:56 AM
There’s plenty of shops in the West Palm and Rivera Beach area...do some web surfing to ascertain which might be the best for you...one thing to keep in mind is that there’s also a great shore dive opportunity under the Blue Heron Bridge if conditions at sea are not good. Check that site out.
LatitudeAdjustment - 4/03/2018 5:41 AM
A lot of choices but you don’t mention how you are traveling. I’m using an RV and that limits what shops I can use because of parking because most LDS are not at the dock and parking at the marinas is limited and in some cases you need to feed a meter.

The only LDS I’ve found so far with parking for the RV is Blue Heron whose boat leaves from Phil Foster Park.

Diving at BHB needs to be at slack high tide so it’s not always a direct replacement for a blown out dive. Make time to do BHB east (small stuff), west (bigger stuff) and snorkel trail because you can’t do all 3 in one dive. Pura Vida and ForceE sponsor night dives there a few times a month, check their web site and you will need to stop at the shop for the night parking permit. Try to do BHB during the week because weekends are crowded and a week ago they ran out of parking at 10:30 for a afternoon high tide.