Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

New to forum, so hey ya’ll !
Damn-Hippie - 9/28/2017 6:35 PM
Category: General
Replies: 4

Hello everyone !

Name is Mike, aka Damn-Hippie. I’m a Padi Master Diver, with around 600 dives, mostly in the caribbean, Puerto Rico, and a little Florida years ago.

A bit about me: Hair halfway down my back, but 6’6" and 265 pounds, so look like "THOR".. Married 20 years, two daughters , both adopted. Private pilot, though don’t fly much now. Got out of diving a few years back as I was pushing the bounds a bit too far, as is my nature, so wife said stop for the kids. Now I’m a little older and not so pig-headed and getting back into recreational diving only. Will be my pastime in retirement when we move back to Puerto Rico in a couple years.

Always dove bcd, but putting together my first bp/w. The Hogarthian simplicity appeals to my nature, but I take what I want and can the rest, so no strict DIR or GUE stuff.

Even though I’ve got the Master Diver card I’ll be seeking advise from those of you with much more experience, tech experience, and set up know-how that had likely changed in the last decade, as well as a "back in the water" refresher.

Hope to see some of you out there !
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 9/28/2017 6:50 PM
Welcome to Dive Buddy !!!!!

Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do !!!

Jeff
Caloosa - 9/29/2017 5:34 AM
Welcome to DiveBuddy Mike.
Eric_R - 9/29/2017 7:30 AM
Welcome to the forum Mike and welcome back to your dive family.
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/29/2017 8:52 AM
Welcome back into the pool Mike!