Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving in Florida - need advice
DP - 8/15/2017 6:00 PM
Category: New Diver Q&A
Replies: 5

Since I can’t reply to posts, respond to anyone, or submit requests, I’m in a pinch trying to communicate with members. I do have a short suspense, because I traveling from Virginia tomorrow to Florida for diving.

I’m actually attempting to contact LatitudeAdjustment about diving in Riviera, FL. I understand his is quite knowledgeable of the area. My son and I would like to dive there this Friday. We are coming down from Virginia.
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/16/2017 7:21 AM
I dive Riviera Beach (WPB) a lot but I’m a snowbird, there are plenty of members in that area doing it year round.

You don’t say if you are looking to do shore or boat dives. Everything you need to know about Blue Heron Bridge is there up on "Dive Sites" and first and foremost is do it at slack high tide but being a weekend it will be crowded :( I always do BHB on a week day and since I’m driving a camper I can get away with parking in a boat trailer spot, if you do it with a car you will get ticketed.

For boats in that area I like Jupiter Dive Center, Pura Vida and Jim Abernathy’s Scuba Adventure
Subscribed
DP - 8/17/2017 3:19 PM
Thanks for the tips. My son and I are diving there tomorrow from the shore. Do you recommend any specific diver that I could contact that might be in the area? I like to get as much info before jumping in. My cell is seven zero three - 7173491.

Thanks in advance,
Darrell
Subscribed
DP - 8/30/2017 7:58 PM
So, we just got back to Virginia. We dove at the Blue Heron Bridge, very cool, lots to see. We also dove at Alexander Springs near Daytona. It’s a nice spring.

Thanks again for the info.
Subscribed
sdweller - 9/01/2017 10:43 AM
Blue Heron Bridge a must...really amazing, unique dive.
CharlesGraves - 6/20/2018 2:38 AM
Best Florida dives:

The vandenberg wreck

And also the Speigel Grove wreck
==========

ALSO cave/cavern Diving- as follows-

Ginnie Springs (devil’s ear plus the ballroom cavern),

Devils den

Blue grotto

Ft Lauderdale, and Key largo are your best ocean dive areas