Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

best island that offers shore dives in Hawaii?
dyvegal - 5/23/2017 10:37 AM
Category: General
Replies: 4

hi.
Looking for the best island and area for shore dives. We’re thinking of trying out Hawaii in in November.
thanks,
Lori
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/25/2017 7:52 AM
You don’t mention if you’ll have a rental car. The two shore dives I did were not near a dive shop so renting tanks and getting them and me to the entry point cost more than a boat trip. Plus the car gives you a place to lock up the gear bag.
Subscribed
NavyNuke - 8/05/2017 2:34 PM
When I was stationed in Hawaii I made a few dives. The best and easiest to access (IMO) was the north shore of Oahu. Shore access. It doesn’t get too deep and there are some very cool lava tubes to explore. There are some hazards associated with the big breakers so study the area really well before going in.

Maui has many nice, protected, areas too. One of them is a boat dive to a Horseshoe shaped reef. Very cool.
Subscribed
Kat3rina - 9/14/2019 1:03 AM
Just bumped into this website about diving in Hawaii this might help you choose the best dive sites in Hawaii on your next visit in the country. Here’s the helpful link: gonomad.com/110144-hawaii-the-perfect-place-to-g...ving-with-the-family